Thursday, December 26, 2013

Cacao covered nuts

Merry day after Christmas to everyone! I know that my sugar cravings have definitely been high these past couple of weeks! Especially with all the holiday sweets around, there is definitely the temptation to try some of those cookies, and the pie, and the cake, and well... there goes being sugar free. Alas, I've come up with an interesting holiday creation of my own that satisfies my sweet tooth! Are you ready?

1 spoonful of coconut oil
1 tablespoon of almond butter (unsweetened)
1 tsp of unsweetened cocao powder
a dash of cinammon
2 handfuls of cashews or any other nut you like

1st I mix together everything besides the nuts until it gets creamy. Then add the nuts and mix together. You can also add coconut flakes. It turns out something like chocolate peanut butter nuts, but so much better because it's good for you and tastes good!

I've been trying to incorporate cacao into my diet lately. One of the lectures at my school was talking about how great it is. It appears to be good for your heart and mood (stimulates dopamine and serotonin). I'm willing to give it a shot :) You can read more here: http://www.medicinehunter.com/cocoa-health-miracle

No comments:

Post a Comment